Search Donkey, a browser helper object that created by WebApp Tech Coding LLC is linked to AOL, Facebook, Twitter and son on to enhance search activities. Users who have picked up this browser add-on are mostly related to the carelessness on installation of free programs which are bundled with Search Donkey. Additionally, randomly clicking on suspicious links can be also entangled with this annoying stuff.
By connecting to so many links, Search Donkey is aimed at pleasing users with convenience. However, it is an unwanted search engine which has been found to slow down Internet response, track your viewing websites and pop up lists of sponsored advertisements. Based on this, it can be categorized as an Adware that specializes in sending out advertisements. Randomly, you can be hijacked and redirected to poorly-built websites which force computer to be infected with other malicious programs. Undoubtedly, Search Donkey should not be kept on computer for long. For the security of your PC, you’d better get rid of it as early as possible.
Related Symptoms that detected from Search Donkey
- Search Donkey is very tricky and stubborn Adware
- Search Donkey slips into computer furtively without user’s consent
- Search Donkey adds browser with extension, add-on and plug-in to redirect search results randomly
- Search Donkey is able to take note of your visiting websites and annoy you with advertisements
- Search Donkey can also take you to malicious websites and bring computer with harmful programs
Manual instructions to remove Search Donkey step by step
1. To stop running processes of Search Donkey, please press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to open Task Manager:
2. Search and find the related files of Search Donkey, delete them all:
%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\[random]
3. All registry keys of Search Donkey should be found and deleted as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "SD2014" = "%AppData%\<random>\<random>.exe"
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\
4. Show up Control Panel and uninstall Search Donkey from computer compltely
Tips to prevent Search Donkey from coming back again:
1) Keep updating your antivirus to the latest version regularly
2) Start system scan once per week
3) Download files and programs from official website
4) Be cautious for suspicious links, spam email and porn websites
Attention Please: If you are not so familiar with computer operation, any mistake will mess up system settings and crash down your PC. To make your computer for sure, it is suggested to start a live chat with expert and get professional help here.